Wednesday 10 July 2013

I believe the experts ......Seetha passed away



Life in this earth is a visitor and stay for some time and leave to get merged with the cosmos. Seetha came with her young new born to our home about a year back. When she entered our place, children were very happy and fighting each other to adorn her with a new name. Might be she got a name earlier but no one was there to inform us that name  and hence the fight. Finally they all agreed to call her Seetha, a name that brings vibrations in this country, the name that portrays good virtues and qualities like patience, endurance and intelligent. I feel proud of my children who adorned her such a name. Days passed, children started telling the problems they face with Seetha. She did not allow the boys to enter into her arena, even to clean the place and help her  to have a better atmosphere. She was also not friendly with neighborurs and always keep herself away from them. Whenever I visit her she lift her face and just nod the head as if she could understand my presence. I just smiled at her and pat her.

Tamilnadu faced a severe drought and people do not have enough sources even for drinking water and the agriculture had become the least priority. Year before last year, when Seetha arrived we had sumptuous food for her both during her outings and inside her home. Now the question of feeding Seetha became a big problem not only because lack of food but also her adamant nature to have fresh food. We tried very hard to please her not only because we love her but also to protect her baby in the womb. Often the housekeeper blames her for not cooperating him and neglect his care as if she knew how to lead a life.  A week back one of the visitor told me that Seetha is almost ready to give birth to a baby and cautioned me to take care of her. I told my housekeepers to be with Seetha and provide all that she requires.

Suddenly yesterday morning, boys came and informed me that Seetha find very hard to stand and always lying down. I told them may be because it is  time for her to deliver a new one. My ignorance did not go beyond this explanation. I had requested my housekeeper to inform the local Doctor and if needed ask him to visit her. He visited and told that it will take another 10 days for the delivery and provide 2 bottles of Glucose and some medicines and assured me that she will be alright. The next day my housekeeper took leave and asked us to call the doctor if there is any need. By 3 PM, I went nearer to her and pat her and told her that she will be alright.  I believed the experts opinion and went to my room. By 3.15 again the Doctor was called and he visited and informed us that the baby in the womb collapsed and he could save only the mother. Was he not aware of this when he visited in the morning time?  I was bit upset and children were too. We were consoled to some extent on knowing Seetha will be alright. Doctor advised us to make Seetha stand so that the uterus that has come out can be pushed in. We all tried to make her stand but could not and then brought few known persons from the nearby village and lifted her in such a way she could stand with the help of some supports. I enquired about her health and villagers told me that she will be alright and two of our boys were asked to be nearer to Seetha and I went to bed. It was around 11 PM boys rushed and informed me that Seetha could not stand and fell down and the entire uterus came out and they did not know what to do. I too did not know what to do except silently watching the time. Early morning, again we contacted the Doctor who said that some nerve that was responsible to hold back the uterus after the birth of new born got disconnected and now it is very difficult to save her. Even now I believe the experts.......
Dr. P.N.Narayana Raja,
Facilitator, Rajapaliayam Boys Town.
11-3-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment